The 2016 PotashCorp Fireworks Festival
The PotashCorp Fireworks Festival will be on Labour Day Weekend (Friday, September 2, and Saturday, September 3). Plan to attend! There will be entertainers, vendors and lots of activities for people of all ages and interests to enjoy. Visit our featured contest areas on this website.
The PotashCorp Fireworks Festival is Produced by On Purpose Events in partnership with Tourism Saskatoon. The primary sites for the PotashCorp Fireworks Festival are River Landing and the Remai Arts Centre. There are many excellent points from which to view the fireworks.
Parking and traffic management is often an issue and so we encourage you to use public transit as it will be in full service with great access to the various sites. We also encourage you to plan a safe ride home.
Looking to reserve accomodations? Please click here.
For more info on things to do in Saskatoon please click here (choose 'Things To Do').
History of Firework Events in Saskatoon
Firework events have been held in Saskatoon many times over the years:
- 2014-2015: While continuing our relationship with PotashCorp we have expanded the festival to offer more food vendors, more entertainment and more family fun activities.
- 2011 - 2013: continued our relationship with PotashCorp
- 2010 marks the launch of the PotashCorp Fireworks Festival with the title sponsorship of the festival from PotashCorp
- 2008 and 2009 were the initial launch years of the Saskatoon Fireworks Festival
- in 2007, the Bridging 125 event was held to commemorate the first meeting between Chief Whitecap and John Lake
- in 2006, Saskatoon celebrated its centennial with the Centennial Celebrations Weekend Bridge Party
- ... and of course over the years we have had fireworks displays on Canada Day every year!
The Fireworks Festival was created to bring a world class fireworks event to Saskatoon. 2008 was the inaugural year for this amazing festival which saw almost 50,000 people come out and enjoy the fireworks and other festival offerings. In 2010 we announced the title sponsorship of the festival by PotashCorp thereby launching the PotashCorp Fireworks Festival. We continue to look forward to a weekend that will develop into a recognizable and successful annual event that will attract tourism and generate economic gains for the city. The festival aspires to offer citizens of Saskatoon a deeper feeling of unity and pride through this new and exciting annual cultural event. Showcasing the beautiful landscape that Saskatoon has to offer, this two-day event will create fun, excitement, and entertainment at the new River Landing development.
Check out the following Special Features: